Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Intro at The Story Circle

†Vita convulsus Angelus† (Life of a Shattered Angel)
Im Julio Czar Monteron...currently an incoming 2nd year college student from The University of Southern Mindanao.I study currently in North Cotabato but Davao remains my one true home.
The First Draw of the Cards...
Im a card gamer for a very long time and has been introduced to some great card handlings as a kid, but only in my highschool days in ateneo de davao that i started to look at cards in a different way...in a way some people never thought possible.in a way most consider as magic.
It all began when I saw a simle trick in the net(mystical aces) and tried it at school. The trick was for me before just for fun.but after the reactions I recieved and the feeling of control that I experienced....I got addicted.Cards became my bestfriend thus it became my favorite card pharaphernalia.It is then that I looked at cards as an extension of my imagination not just a piece of paper or plastic.
The turn of the cards...
At school we were considered as the best:having gaining friends who do magic as well and popularity, All my knowledge came from my friends and the internet... for I got little or no access at all to any type of high quality magic before. I werent satisfied anyomore.I wanted to look for something I would consider as another stepping stone for a higher understanding of magic. I've been searching for it...for a long time...and few satisfied my thirst for quality magic... Magic is like a deck of cards...youll never know what you will get...or maybe we do...
Street Magic became my past time and I consider it as an escape from what I call "The reality of the joker" Its a term I made meaning that life like a joker is not with all the facepaints and laughs but when he no longer wears those. As a magician you can run wild your imagination...create a reality that people would want to understand.An understanding that could influence other's people about the realness of believing in things you never thought possible like dreams.
I dream to hold a deck in my hand and use it...not only for entertainment but for learning...
Im a born actor...and my stage is the streets...and my props are the cards...and the rest of the cast?the world.Patter is perhaps the most important thing in magic.I believe that Magic is 80% acting and 20% card handling.its how you draw your audience to believing that what you just did is real that matters not how much he or she is awed on the quickness of your hands...
"Never say its impossible...just do some patter..."
This is my story...What's yours?
-†ShatteredAngel†-
Julio Czar Monteron
ps. Never hold a deck in your hand...hold it in your heart...and the rest shall follow...

No comments: